more equvalent serves bound with one table

angelo

Hey I am new member and a new user of simio! English is my second language so bear with me,:) great product btw!

I would like to ask some questions about simulation that is unknown for me.... for example ( in my case) I have a real time between costumers, real times for each specific server, and server 8 ( that costumers all go through).... So I have a make a simulation. situation of this specific queueing is: I have 1 source and 7 servers ( the first 4 are equal or Equivalent and the server 5,6,7 are equal).

MY question is following:

-Can I make a one DATA table for servers 1-4 ( they are equvalent) and another for 5,6,7 ? Or do I have to create 7 data tables ( for each on own)??

- And there isn't real FIFO neither LIFO ranking rule, there is specific, And I don'0t know how to adress this to add specific ranking rule :? for my case

- Do I have to make 2 model enteties cuz there are 2 differnt servers for this case?

My primary goal is utilization of server 8! is ranking important or it doesn't matter?

thank you very much!

1438341264_vikisplace.JPG.f35ebd57a40e2ab46ae9b136898ae753.JPG

I think we need some additional information.

When you say you have "real data" do you mean that you have samples of processing time? If so, from that you would normally fit a distribution our use a table-based Input Parameter to draw from.

You say that Servers 1-4 are identical and Servers 5-7 are identical. It might be easiest to model that as ServerA of capacity 4 and ServerB of capacity 3.

Depending on what data you want to have in the table, it could be seven separate tables, or two tables (for the groups of servers) or most likely just one table with a row for each group of servers.

You need to more clearly state your objectives and what you want to control, but it sounds like you will want to put some type of selection rule at the source output (to see where the entity goes next). Depending on your system and objectives you might want to have a custom routing group used at the output node of each server to determine which entity is selected next for server8.

''When you say you have "real data" do you mean that you have samples of processing time? If so, from that you would normally fit a distribution our use a table-based Input Parameter to draw from.''

By real data I mean for every entity I have excact time when they entered the system then for each of the costumer ( or entity) where and when they went ( to each server) ; and specific time how much time specific server worked for each entity ( or costumer), and last; processing time ( payment) for each costumer in server 8. So as you can see all parameters or ( interarrival time or specific time when entity goes in to system, and specific time that entetiy spend in servers (1-7) and time for payment each entity on server 8 ). I don't know how to select a distribution that fits my system other than use a table based input parameter as you said. Is there other way around to select distribution that fits, how can I get this other than put table with specific values? what is the best choice here?

''You say that Servers 1-4 are identical and Servers 5-7 are identical. It might be easiest to model that as ServerA of capacity 4 and ServerB of capacity 3. ''

it seems like this is the easiest way yes!

The thing is: since system isn't FIFO or LIFO, must I (?) ( as you said ) put selection rule source output ( to see where the entity goes next to which server) to determine which entity goes to which server , So I can still use Server A for capacity 4 and server B of capacity 3? This confuse me, since sistem isn't 100% fifo neither lifo - is this important or not? I mean the most important parameter is utilization of server 8 ( since this is pyhsical payment, I would like to get how much % of their time is wasted with their decision to have pyhsical payment) And I don't know if for utilization ( server 8 ) is important or not....

thank you !

That sounds like you are doing a deterministic simulation.

Depending on the form of your data you would need probably a single data file with columns something like:

EntityType (you only need this if you have different types of entities)

ArrivalTime - an exact time , either elapsed hours starting at 0 or an exact date-time

MyServer (or Server Group) - Ideally this would be in the input node for the server (.e.g. Input@Server1) but if you have other forms you can make that work as well.

ProcessingTime - a time (with units specified)

--On the Source you would use Arrival Mode of Arrival Table, and specify Arrival Time Property as "MyTable.ArrivalTime".

--If you have MyServer in the form of an input node, then in the output node of the source you would specify Specific Destination of "MyTable.MyServer". If you have it in another format, you might instead use selection weight on each path (e.g. if you just had an integer server number you might use "MyTable.MyServer==1" on the first path selection weight)

--On the servers, set the Processing Time as "MyTable.ProcessingTime"

That is the basics of how you might approach this problem.

But I do have to question why you are doing a deterministic simulation. While deterministic analysis is useful for scheduling and validation, that approach is rarely appropriate in typical design models. You might reconsider if that approach is correct.

Well the case with this is: I am doing analysis of beauty salon where costumers ( entities) are scheduled. It's not random neither deterministic ( I think) system. Working on calulation of the server 8 or payment time or utilization of the server. I will try this and if I didn't get anything or it still have problems, I will type here. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I build my simulation model with some troubles, some adittional help would be nice! I am having problems with tables. I want to do a arrival table ( as has been said) but fails to get the results. Since I have two entities I build a two node lists for two rounting groups ( for each entity) and in the table with I specifiy each entity interarrival time ( for excercise pourpuce) with which rounting group goes to.... I mean If I set a table with arrival times I don't get statistic results like ultilization and so on... and do I have to set an outputsource any more specific ( If I did this in tables already?) How can I get table with interarrival time and rounting group? Do I have to bind this to?

So to be more clear: how to set tables in arrivals or interarrival time for ( each) entity coming in one source and in which rounting group each entity goes to?

thank you in advance!

beautysalon - Kopija.spfx

interarrivaltime.thumb.JPG.1b3ba1db549dc697f1c342d876cd67ba.JPG

outputsource.thumb.JPG.d8b22016a08c7be9d774ff18bdada2dd.JPG