Simio Forum
jfulton

Batching Logic

I started to post this yesterday, thought I found a fix, but no dice. Long story short, I'm trying to create my own custom batching logic OUTSIDE of the object so to speak. A regular combiner doesn't fit this case for a number of reasons.

In short, I have tried batching two objects, if the condition applies, from the SAME input buffer and I've also even gone as far creating another server in place of input buffer thinking I could suspend ONE of the entity's processes and batch it if need be. I've tried controlling the flows through seizing ONE resource and restricting the other from beginning processing and littered this thing with math.epsilons. However, no matter what I do, I keep getting the error "The entity's location is in transition state "WaitingToTransferIntoStation" and a new transfer request is invalid" on the member when I try to batch.

Any suggestions or recommendations on where to go from here in regards to pulling it out of that or prohibiting it from entering that location in the first place?

Check out the Simbit CombinerNode. It batches entities in the same queue.

Not quite the same. That's on a node and not a server in which I'm using some of the default functionality.

The problem is the member gets batched and yet STILL seizes the resource needed at the server it gets allocated while waiting in line no matter what. I'm using the resource to control how many things can process at a time (in this instance 1). It's like I'm looking for the reverse of "allocate"

You posted in the Public forum section which does not allow attachments. I recommend becoming a Simio Insider and posting in one of those topics so models can be attached. I have a model I think might help, but can you clarify exactly what needs to happen at the Server. When is the Server seized and which entity seizes it (parent or members)?