Adding a Reference property itself to the table

Kjd0019

I have created a new reference property for the combiner batch quantity in the combiner logic. Is there any way I can set that same reference property as a column of a data table so that I can change that value based on the type of the entity ?

You can not set a value to a property throughout the simulation run. Instead you should define an integer property (from the state panel) for combiner batch quantity in the combiner logic. Then define a data table and insert a state property from the standard property drop down list. By this way you are able to change the state variable's value via a data table at any time. Also, you are able to reference this table property within the model, as well.

Okay So this is what I have already done till now. The problem is I want my combiner to understand that the batch quantity is based on the entity type. If type A , Batch quantity =2 , If Type B, Batch Quantity = 4 and for type C , it's 6. I have tried using state assignments option at combiner 1 parent input but to no avail. Ideally, I would want the combiner to take the batch quantity value from the table itself but i cant get my way around it as of now . I know this can be done using add-on process but somehow figured that if I could make this work using a table, it would make it a lot easier when you have more entity types.

Thanks.

Combiner Exploring.spfx

can not open your model :cry: due to edition conflict! Still you should add a "batchsizecolumn" (can be an iteger type) to your table and define a state variable for modelentity object named batchsize. After you create your modelentities you should assign "modelentity.batchsize == table1.batchsizecolumn". Then use modelentity.batchsize as the batsize propery of combiber...

• 2 weeks later...

I had done pretty much everything what you've mentioned here except I dint assign the state variable to the model entity but the model itself. I changed that but still have the same issues. It doesn't read the value from the table.