Modelling using a CNC machine.... but very in depth

KevUni

Hi Simio,

I have asked a few questions on here already; they all relate to the subject of this thread. I thought I would list all of my problems in this one thread instead.

I have a task to cost model using various machining environments to machine titanium alloy so that we can find the cheapest one and I have hit dead ends when trying to model some quite simple things. The problem:

I want to model the mixing of concentrate with water to create machining lubricant. This lubricant will then be used during processing on a workstation, where the majority of the lubricant is recycled back to a main tank, some of it is evaporated and unrecoverable and some is trapped in swarf. The swarf will then be compressed and sold as scrap and more lubricant is recovered from this process.

The things I am stuck on:

1) Mixing the concentrate and water into a single, new fluid (lubricant) that is the same mass as the concentrate and water put together.

2) How can you use this fluid during processing of the titanium blocks in the workstation whilst only partially being consumed by evaporation and the swarf. The rest is recycled back to the main lubricant tank.

3) How can you model extracting lubricant from swarf and recycling it back to the main lubricant tank.

4) I have to derive costs from these processes. This is hard when using the "flow library" since a lot of this library doesn't have any financials.

Thanks for the help. I can send you my preliminary model if you require it.

Best

Kevin