Creating two different entities out of a third different entity

KevUni

You can use two Create steps within a process to create two different types of entities and simply destroy the original entity when you no longer need it. Assign step can be used to assign information to the new entities that you may wish to transfer from the original entity.

Christine, I tried this and I think it creates the new entities but they are not leaving the workstation that they are created in.

Where do I create the add-on process to ensure that all of the operations (setup, processing and teardown) occur on the single part, and THEN two separate entities are made?

Kevin

subclass a workstation object, override perform teardown activity process of this subclassed object then at the end of the process steps (before the transfer step) use only one create step then assign the type of the created modelentity to swarf (place an assign step to the end of the created branch of create step and also tie this branch to the transfer step if it is required) and assign the original modelentity type to part (if it is required)...

this will ensure that all of the operations (setup, processing and teardown) occur on the single part, and THEN two separate entities are made?