Sequential Entity Arrival

magranata

Hello,

I'm very new to SIMIO and apologize if this question is too elementary. I've been trying to figure out how to run the simulation from a defined list of entities. Most of the SIMBITS and examples I have seen use a random "product mix" or other means to produce entities.

Is there a way to simply run say, 40 defined mixed entities from the data table. I'd like to run several different entities from the data table, all with different sequences and processing times. Similar to the SIMBIT EntityFollowsSequenceWithTable but with a defined amount of PartA,PartB,and PartC entities.

Thank you for the help!

If you know WHEN you want entities to arrive in addition to WHAT (e.g. PartA at time 1.5, PartB at time 1.8, ...) then put that data in an Arrivals table (a normal table that has an arrival time column) and use the Source Arrival Mode of Arrival Table.

If instead you want random arrival times with specified parts, use an approach like found in SelectEntityTypeFromTable but use a sequential row number instead of the RandomRow function.

If you know WHEN you want entities to arrive in addition to WHAT (e.g. PartA at time 1.5, PartB at time 1.8, ...) then put that data in an Arrivals table (a normal table that has an arrival time column) and use the Source Arrival Mode of Arrival Table.

If instead you want random arrival times with specified parts, use an approach like found in SelectEntityTypeFromTable but use a sequential row number instead of the RandomRow function.

Thank you for the help! I finally got it to work and was successful with both methods.