Capacity change of server with worker as secondary resource

AR1995

Dear all,

I have searched for quite a while in the public part of this forum, but I could not find the solution of my problem even though there were some similar issues.

I have four servers and a worker who is required as secondary resource for each of them. The worker switches and is doing fine so far. However, for my optimization problem, I need to simulate the amount of workers that are necessary to ensure smooth operations. Therefore, I would like to change the capacity of each server to 2 for 2 workers or to 3 to simulate 3 workers, etc. Sadly, the capacity of the server is not changing in the simulation even though the data are entered. Is there a solution to increase the capacity of servers with a worker as secondary resource so that always several entities are processed when the simulated worker arrives?

Thank you very much for your support. :)

Greetings from Hamburg,

Armin

If you want to change the capacity of the server at Initialization, create a control property and reference this control value on the Capacity property of each Server. If you want to change the server capacity during the run Assign the variable ServerName.CurrentCapacity the new value. If all workers are always working at the same server, you may want to just batch the orders together then seize the correct number workers (actually, you wouldn't even need to increase the number workers).

If one of the above solutions does not help, please attach a model to clarify what you are trying to do.