Conditional Tallying based on time

NewSimUser123

Hi All,

I've got a simulation that creates entities based on a data table - premiumCustomers and regularCustomers. I've got a tally defined PremCustWaitTillService that tallies: Run.TimeNow - ModelEntity.TimeCreated for premiumCustomers. If the premiumCustomer waits longer than 5 minutes, I want to be able to tally these events such that at the end of the simulation I can see x discounts have been awarded to premiumCustomers in the results stats in a tally stat called CountDiscountsGiven.

I might have a couple of issues that I am confused on here. In particular: Using an entity's wait time as a conditional statement for assignment in Processes.

When the premiumCustomer enters the server (processing), I tally PremCustWaitTillService with Value: Run.TimeNow - ModelEntity.TimeCreated. I imagine a conditional that states something like If PremCustWaitTillService > 5 I updated a tallystat CountDiscountsGiven + 1 but I can't seem to get it to work - I don't see any entities changing color (as I've set them to if they wait longer than 5).

I've attached my file because my terminology may be off - the sim runs but no CountDiscountsGiven values show up.

SpeedeeCarRentalNew.spfx

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The Decide step is looking a the variable ModelEntity.CustWaitTime but that state is never assigned a value so it is always False. Also this state is a DateTime state, but should probably be a Real State instead with the Units of Time. Assign the state a value or just use 'TimeNow - ModelEntity.TimeCreated > (5/60)' expression.

To use a Tally as a count, I would recommend just using the Number Observations result (automatically recorded) and either set the Expression to '1' or actually record something like 'Run.TimeNow - ModelEntity.TimeCreated'. You cannot use the TallyStatistic Name in the expression.

Best,

Katie