Assigning a Workschedule to a Source

Torruco

Hello,

I got an issue that I do not know how to solve. I have 2 sources creating different entities I need them to stop creating according to a Workschedule. I can assign this schedule to the Separator but not the sources.

Thank you in advance for any support.

Sources don't have associated workschedules for creating entities. There is an Arrival Mode property on the Source that allows entities to be created in different ways. Please see the SimBits (Support panel / Sample SimBit Solutions) named Appointment Arrivals or Source with Rate Table.

One option would be to have a Resource with a workschedule that 'controls' the number of entities created in the Source, or the Entities Per Arrival property. To do this, you would create a state variable, let's say HowManyEntities. Within your source, set the Entities Per Arrival to 'HowManyEntities'. Set up the Resource with the workschedule for when you'd like entities to be generated and when not (i.e., so that when capacity is 1, you will change HowManyEntities = 1 and when capacity is 0, you will assign HowManyEntities = 0. Within the Processes window, you can have a process, Process1, that is triggered by 'Resource1.CapacityChanged'. Within that process, have a Decide step that checks the capacity and assigns the correct value for HowManyEntities. The Source then will generate entities using the Interarrival Time specified but based on the workschedule changes of Resource1.