off-shift

farnaz

Hi,

In my model, one of the servers has working shift from 10am to 10pm. I would like the server works 1 more hour (from 10pm-11pm) if there is an entity in the server inputbuffer queue. Could you please give me a hint how to check the server inputbuffer queue for a specific time (10pm-11pm every day)?

Also, I would like to have the detail results of my model for each entity based on the time for each server or node in excel because I run the model for a long time. Could you please let me know is there any option in SIMIO to provide the detail information in excel?

I really appreciate if anyone can help me.

Edited by Guest

Hi farnaz,

in fact, you should be checking your buffer at the beginning of the period 10-11. If all machines stop at 10, entities will stop flowing shortly after. Therefore you could check around 10:05 or somewhere around the beginning of the period.

To do so, you can use a timer (Definitions>Elements>Timer) and set it to occur every 24h with an offset of 20h05m (10:05PM)). Then, have a process being triggered by that timer. In that process you would check if the input buffer was empty or not (Server.InputBuffer.Contents==0). You can do that using a Decide step.

If the condition is false (there is something in the buffer) change the resource state + Capacity of the server so that it processes said entity. For it to work for another hour you could set another timer or use a paralell process with a delay of 55min. At the end of that time you would turn off the server again.

Hope this helps (I haven't tested it to be sure it works)