Evacuation inputbuffer queue before off-shift

farnaz

Hi,

In my model, one of the servers has working shift from 10am to 10pm. I would like the server works 1 more hour (from 10pm-11pm) if there is an entity in the server inputbuffer queue. Could you please give me a hint how to check the server inputbuffer queue for a specific time (10pm-11pm every day)?

Also, I would like to have the detail results of my model for each entity based on the time for each server or node in excel because I run the model for a long time. Could you please let me know is there any option in SIMIO to provide the detail information in excel?

I really appreciate if anyone can help me.

Farnaz,

• 2 weeks later...

In my model, one of the servers has working shift from 10am to 10pm. I would like the server works 1 more hour (from 10pm-11pm) if there is an entity in the server inputbuffer queue. Could you please give me a hint how to check the server inputbuffer queue for a specific time (10pm-11pm every day)?

One approach is to put logic in the "Off Shift" add-on process logic that would check to see if the queue has contents, and if so, set the server capacity back to 1. The you would need to wait an hour (probably Execute another process) and reset capacity to 0.

Also, I would like to have the detail results of my model for each entity based on the time for each server or node in excel because I run the model for a long time. Could you please let me know is there any option in SIMIO to provide the detail information in excel?

If the pivot table already contains what you want, then use the Export button to export to Execl.

If not, call the ExcelWrite step from a process at the right time to write out all the information you need.