Bidirectional path with different speeds

manmen9

Hi,

I implemented a model similiar to the SimBit 'Single Worker Completes Process And Moves To Node' but in my model the the worker can arrive first at Server2 than the entity (which represents that the work to be made in the entity is already finished), so it's not necessary to have a Worker in Server2 for it to work. By implementing a different release on the Worker I managed to move the Worker back to BasicNode1 before the entity has entered Server2, but it will move always with the same DesiredSpeed. I wanted to know if there is a way to move the Worker from BasicNode2 to BasicNode1 with a different velocity from the one defined to move the Woker from BasicNode1 to BasicNode2.

I'm rookie, any help it's welcomed.

Manel

Depending upon your model logic, you may wish to use the Add-On Process Triggers in either a TransferNode/BasicNode object or a Worker object.

If the worker's desired speed (which can be accessed with the WorkerName.DesiredSpeed state variable) changes at various transfer nodes in the model, you could use the Worker's Entered Node add-on process - then within that process, have a Decide step (or multiple ones) to check the node name, destination node and then Assign the desired speed as appropriate.

If the worker's desired speed is pretty constant except for a few occasions, you could instead have the add-on process at a specific TransferNode through its Entered add-on process, where you already then know the location and just have to Assign the desired speed as appropriate (or perhaps Decide where the worker is going via destination node and assign).