Simio Forum

Track State Statistic in Experiment

Hello,

I have a couple of state statistics that track stock levels, i.e. 0 = normal and 1 = out of stock. Ultimately, I'd like to track how often stock is out. I'm able to do this during an animated run because 1) I have Status Labels that show these states and 2) I can see the State Observations Logs (although these need to processed to show summary data).

However, when I try to track these state statistics during an experiment (which is pretty critical since it runs so much faster - I think I'd have to wait a day for the normal simulation to complete), I get NaNs.

Any advice on how best to capture this information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Bruce

• 3 months later...

Hello Dave,

I have a problem a little similar to this. Regarding this part of you answer "tally an observation", how do you do that? I've created a state statistic and a state variable I used but I still don't find the result anywhere.

Thank you,

Flora

• 2 weeks later...

To extend the above example, the Monitor element would fire an event and/or trigger a process. In that process you would need to have a Tally step that records an observation on a TallyStatistics element.

If you had posted this in the Simio Insiders area I would have included a screen shot.