Transfer entity between models

pm0kjp

I have two models in a project, one which handles supply (results in trucks being routed to one of several sinks) and one which handles demand (various sources). I would like to connect the sink of my supply model to the source of the demand model. Can I transfer entities between models?

Or do I need to manually copy and paste each object from one of my models into the other to allow for the transfer of entities?

This may be very simple, sorry if I'm the annoying newbie!

Joy

There are several ways of doing this. One way would be to write out (to a external spreadsheet OR an output table in Simio, depending on your Simio licensing) the exit time for each entity (and perhaps other entity specific property information, such as priority, etc. Then, you could use that same file (or copy of the output table results) as an input file for your second model.

Alternatively, you could place each of these 'models' into a third 'model' in the project and connect them. This would require several changes - the first model (with the Sink output) would require the model to simply have a Transfer Node output - and then right-click the Transfer Node and select 'Bind to New External Output Node'. This will allow that model to then become an object in another model. The second model would also need to be revised to include a Basic Node input (instead of the Source input) where you would right-click on the Basic Node and select 'Bind to New External Input Node'. Finally, you would select New Model from the Project Home ribbon to start building your 'combined' model. On the left side of Simio, instead of selecting from the Standard Library of objects, you would select your Model1 and Model2 objects from the Project Library at the bottom. The TransferNode of Model1 can then be connected to the BasicNode of Model2 with a path. That is the basic concept - you may wish to look at SimBits under the category 'Building New Objects / Hierarchy' for more information.