"Steal" (override the seize) a resource

pm0kjp

Hi, I'm already assigning resources based on priority, but if I have a high-priority entity hit a certain point and there are no resources available (capacity ==0), I want to branch off and have a resource "stolen" from a lower priority entity so that my high-pri entity can get service.

Does this imply a release-seize? Maybe I could fire an event and all my low-pri processes are listening to do a release? But how could I make it so that not everyone dumps their resource?

Or is this a "Move"? Note that there isn't actual movement, so I'm not sure if this applies. Any tips gratefully received! I'm not sure even how to use "Candidate" well, in order to see if the "Candidate"s Owner is a low-pri entity or not.

There is an Interrupt step that will allow you to stop processing for higher priority (or whatever reason) entities. See several SimBits that are available including Interruptible Operator, Interrupting Across Multiple Servers and Interrupting Server with Multiple Capacity. These show various examples of having higher priority type jobs interrupt processing of other jobs currently being processed on a Server or with an Operator. SimBits can be found within the Support ribbon by pressing the Sample SimBit Solutions button. You can then search Interrupt either in the Basic or Advanced Search area.