Alternative to a monitor

FloraPhyll

Hello,

I’m using a monitor to determine the re-order point of a material. The way I put it is that whenever I have actual stock (physical and in transit) that is less than the re-order point, then I make an order. Sometimes, I have to order a quantity that is not enough to fill the actual stock, up to the re-order point. When I get in such situations, the monitor does not trigger a new order because it functions when actual stock decreases and then hits the re-order point. Here are the parameters of the monitor I indicated in the picture below.

For example, my actual stock is 50 un. I consume it (25 un) and when it gets under the re-order point which is 32, then I order a quantity (25 un). If the quantity I order (25 un) is enough to fill the actual stock, up to the re-order point, then the system functions fine. But if the quantity I order (5 un for example) is not enough to fill the actual stock, up to the re-order point, then the system stops and orders are no longer made. Is there another way I can make the system functions without having to hit the ore-order point (32 un) in a negative crossing direction?

Thank you,

Flora, master student at Université Laval.

Monitor.png.89030e251188b32d22afabd45a9b44ac.png

I would consider what would happen in the real system, and then model that.

Assuming in your described situation that the order quantity (5) is not enough to bring to the desired reorder point (32), I would think the real system would:

1) Immediately place enough orders to achieve or exceed the minimum reorder point (e.g. place at least 2 orders of 5). That would be done with a Decide before placing the order(s)

-or-

2) Place an order and when that is received, Decide if I have met the reorder point. If not, immediately place another order. Repeat.