pm0kjp

Adding a custom property

Hi all,

I'm very very new and would like to add a custom property to the servers in my model -- a Financials property called Income (or Revenue or whatever). I can go to the Definitions / Properties panel to create a new ExpressionProperty and set it up to have Financials as the Category Name, give it a Currency unit in USD, add a display name and description, but I can't then see that property I created when I go to my model.

I'm sure this is Simio 101, but I can't find a video or text that describes "adding a custom property". Can you help? I've spent hours on this and ready to throw in the towel. I'm on 9.147 in a Student license (I'm a grad student -- Simio told me that additional help was not available to undergrads, not sure if stating I'm a grad student would help!)

Thanks for a push in the right direction!

Joy

By the way you are trying, you are adding a new property to the model. If you want to see the new property that you added simply click anywhere (i.e., on an empty space) on facility layout then look at the properties section of the model. The new property should be located in "Controls" section just under the "Financials" category.

If you want to add this property just on the server object then you need to subclass the server object. Then, drag and drop the subclassed one from the project library (See lower left corner of the screen) to the facility layout. Then, in the navigation panel (upper right corner of the screen) select subclassed server and just add your property. It will appear on the object instance you dragged to the facility layout...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This did the trick, thank you for your very specific instructions for a newbie. I will pay it forward!

Joy