Don't start processing tasks unless you can finish before the end of the shift schedule

JBDOTSC

Hi All,

I am modelling a production process with several servers and 3 workers. The workers will only start processing a new Entity on the first Server if there is sufficient time to complete the tasks on all of the first 3 servers, before the end of their scheduled shift. The time required for each of these 3 Server processes is entity dependent and referenced from a table.

I have achieved this in part by using a Decide step in the Entered Server add-on process, which has a formula determining if there is sufficient time. This works with a DateandTime variable, which is currently manually set with today's date and shift end time, to test the formula.

The issue I have is this obviously won't then work for future days (when the model is run over several days or weeks), I need to be able to reference the scheduled shift end time from the Schedules if possible or write them to the date time variable. The workers schedule is 5 days a week with multiple breaks each day for drinks and lunch, normally finishing at 18:00

Does anyone have an easy way to do this?

Many thanks in advance

J

Hi J,

The following two function might help:

StandardWeek.TimeUntilNextValue(TimeNow) - the amount of time before a change in Schedule

StandardWeek.TimeOfNextValue(TimeNow) - the duration of the next value in schedule

StandardWeek.NextValue(TimeNow) - the next value in the schedule

So create a schedule and reference the schedule in your expression builder.

Regards,

Willem

• Like 1