Virtual server, Stop longer parallel task

farnaz

Hi,

I have a problem in my simulation model. In my model, entities do not exit from the system after finishing the process and they will go to a virtual server and two random variables (exponential (10 hours), exponential (20 days)) should be run PARALLEL for each entity. Once running of a variable is done, the other variable should stop. Every entities with exponential 10 hours variable will come back again to the system, while other entity with exponential 10 days variable will exit the system permanently. Actually, the holding time in the virtual server should be determined based on the Min of two random variables. I tried to consider these two variable time as processing time in task sequence (same sequence number) for each entity in virtual server. The problem here is that I do not know which logic or method I should use such that if on variable stops first, the system automatically should be able to stop the other variable and select the path.

I really appreciate it If anyone can help me.

Farnaz,

Before entering servers u can assign min(math.min(exponential(10),exponential(20)) to a state variable called "CommonProcessingTime". Then use this state variable for both processing time entries as expressions (set both processing time properties as simply "CommonProcessingTime"). Actually, Simio assigns these values in this manner when it comes to evaluate processing time property (draws a random variable from exponential distribution when the ModelEntity enters the server and is about to start processing) . By this way you assign these values previously, manually. Nothing will change but you can get your job done. Preferably it is more accurate to define "CommonProcessingTime" state variable on ModelEntity.

I tried your suggestion but in that way server selects the exponential (10) all the time because it is the minimum and the other one (exponential (20)) does not have any chance for being selected. So, anyway I tried different solution and right now it works.

I really appreciate for your time and help.