Student Simulation Competition - Volunteers Wanted

You are probably aware that Simio LLC sponsors a simulation competition twice each year. You may not be aware that this is already the largest simulation completion anywhere! In the latest contest, we had a total of 250 teams involving 868 students from 33 schools in 14 countries.

Part of this is based on Simio's popularity, but part of it is because we have very interesting and realistic problems based on heavy practitioner involvement.

It does require a lot of effort to conduct each competition, including:

1) Finding realistic problems (do you have a problem to solve?)

2) Fleshing out the problem statement

3) Developing test solutions to ensure each problem is balanced and solvable at the right level of difficulty.

4) Judging the entries

We have had strong simulation community involvement, but we are always looking for more help with all 4 areas above.

At the time of this writing we are looking for some help in the May 2017 competition in number 2 above. If anyone would like to help by testing the latest problem http://www.simio.com/academics/student-competition.php please contact me directly. I have previously been contacted by commercial users, early in their career, who have asked to participate in the contest or are just looking for a realistic problem on which to practice their skills. This is your opportunity.

I'm sorry, but current students, or anyone affiliated with a school that expects to participate, are not eligible for this "early look" at the problem. All others, thanks in advance for your help.

• dsturrock changed the title to Student Simulation Competition - Volunteers Wanted

We continue to welcome volunteer involvement in our student competitions.

1) We welcome ideas for new competition problems.

2) We welcome your involvement in creating a problem. This could be scaled to any level ... from simply providing some detailed modeling situations and possibly blinded data up to public sponsorship and recognition of your organizations involvement.

3) If you would like to practice your skills by getting early access to a draft of the problem, we would welcome your involveent as long as you have no other competition involvement and commit to secrecy :).

4) We are always looking for judges. It typically requires a time commitment of about 6-8 hours spread out over about 7-10 days.

Please contact me (dsturrock@simio.com or academic@simio.com) if you can help us with any of the above.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Sturrock