Extras Library

dsturrock

The Extras Library has now become a formal part of the product, e.g. it is automatically installed and loaded. Postings here prior to 2021 may reference older or obsolete versions of the library.

The Extras Library contains:

--a simplified and easier to use version of our Cranes library

--an Elevator object for modeling a multi-floor single elevator or bank of elevators.

--Lift Truck with a lifting mechanism that travels to a specified height

--Rack object to store entities at customizable heights

--Multi-axis Robot object that picks and places with automatic path calculation

We are anxious to hear your feedback on using the Extras library.

Edited by dsturrock
Updated to reflect release of Extras Library

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Dave,

I tried to create my own object composite, but if I use the entity reference with AutoCreate inside my LiftTruck, the Lifting device referenced cannot be moved in External View. Do you have any idea of how to solve this?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Yeah the elevator library needs some work.

It is not written for a generic Simio application, hence it is difficult to exact "default" Simio Logic. What I found of particular difficulty was assigning control logic to entities entering and exiting the elevator nodes. More generic controls are also needed to exact and mitigate the need to repurpose logic as a subclassed object.

i.e. as a quick and dirty solution, I moved the on entered process block in the subclassed myelevatornode object to the front (attached), else the process call is omitted for all loading entities entering the node.

I think the object needs a good dose of standard simio logic governance, i.e. when does an add on process trigger fire, or when does a state assignment get made...etc...before it can be released as a standard Simio object....

Nonetheless it is a very helpful and cool object. If I get the project we are bidding on I will give it go !!

image.png.ffb1ac75721dcbaddd4b9b84ce52e122.png

• 5 months later...

I just "found" this library... fantastic new additions... especially like the robot as it has direct application in  my current modeling effort!   However, I was wondering why the robot seems to be limited to only transporting a single entity at a time?  Can it be modified to pick up multiple entities with a single pass?  For example:  in a warehouse setting...  moving 6 "cases" to place as a single layer on a pallet. 

Edited by adrawli
Correct my wrong assumptions on library release timing.

1 hour ago, adrawli said:

I just "found" this library... fantastic new additions... especially like the robot as it has direct application in  my current modeling effort!   However, I was wondering why the robot seems to be limited to only transporting a single entity at a time?  Can it be modified to pick up multiple entities with a single pass?  For example:  in a warehouse setting...  moving 6 "cases" to place as a single layer on a pallet. 

It can indeed...Have a look at the jib crane library as well...there are numerous ways in which the robot can be constrained....if you need help to alter it...send me a pm.... 

• 1 year later...