Setup Property

Travis

There are 4 entities and they go to workstation with setup time.

1. From Combiners to Workstation(Machining1), I set up the changeover time but it didn't work. I don't know why. (Maybe simio cognize all to pallet)

2. I want to make property about setup like trigger for changeover. For example, at first, 5 of M1 entities go to workstation and then 5 of M2 entities go to workstation. That is the number of changeover property. I think I can if I use ranking rule and process logic but I failed.

Please let me know how to solve these.

Sample Layout.spfx

I set up the changeover time but it didn't work

ChangeoverTimeExpression.PNG.bc88471c2d2b9abb03d5957f7e6f5577.PNGYou did not specify a value for the Operation Attribute that describes how one entity differs from the next. For example you might specify a state or property named Color where each entity has a different value.

I want to make property about setup like trigger for changeover. For example, at first, 5 of M1 entities go to workstation and then 5 of M2 entities go to workstation.

I think you are trying to do too much at once. I would first get setup time working correctly. Then I would get setup time reduction working correctly. The SimBit named WorkstationWithSequenceDependentSetup can help you understand both of these.

Then you need to think carefully about what your objectives are for "batching". If your objective is simply to minimize setup time, then perhaps simple dynamic selection rule is the best way: ChangeoverTimeReduction.PNG.e418edb78e788b5d54f71327696fe0f2.PNGIf your objective is more complex than that, please describe your objective and I may be able to advise an approach.

Thank you.

As you said, I tried to make setup work rightly.

So, I make same way with Simbit "WorkstationWithSequenceDependentSetup".

However, I think Simio consider all my entities to Pallet (Parent entity) as there is combiners before going to Workstation.

Because of this, changeover is not working.

How can I solve this problem??

Also, I need to proceed entity with batch as this Machining center make a product 100cs at once.

Therefore, I have to use Combiner.

Moreover, I don't have enough time to finish this modeling. So I asked you many things on a time.

What I mean about question 2 is that I want the number of entities going to Workstation to be variables using property.

So I want to control how many workstations changeover occurs each time I process it.

For example, if 10 of M1s go to workstation and then 10 of M2s go, a change over will occur for every 10. I want to control this number!!!

572271832_.PNG.6c4dc7c9a4f0d347b17cff9f144f266a.PNG