Property of type Table - pretend Schema-Definition

bennodual

Hi

I have created an object and need now a property of type table for this object.

The tables which can set for this property should have a defined schema (two columns, the first of type datetime and the second of type real).

My question is: Is it possible to pretend the Definition of the Schema for the tables, which can be assigned to my property?

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but perhaps this will help...

From Simio's perspective a Repeat Group inside an object is virtually identical to a Table at the model level.

When you go to the Data tab and Add Data Table, the lower half of that button presents all the schemas that are already defined in your model, including all the repeat group schemas in all the objects. This is useful when you want to create a table that can pass data into an existing repeat group in an object.

You may also notice that on that same ribbon there is a Convert To Repeat Group button. This is for use when you have a table in an object and want to convert it to a repeat group so you can safely embed that object in another model.

• 4 years later...

Hi bennodual

You can create a table inside your customised object(say MyObject)  and the column type match your properties, ie,he first of type datetime and the second of type real. and then convert it to a repeatgroup  ,for example its name : tableA

and on parent model you can  instantiate your object and on the property panel, you will see the repeatgroup to assign. you can create a table directly via the schema dropdown list with the name MyObject, select MyObject.tableA and the table will be automatically created. the next step is refer to this table on the properties panel.