Ranking jobs based on their processing times

AMAL2016

Hello,

I am trying to rank (order) jobs based on their processing times. On the attached model, the server should process jobs as : Job4, Job3, Job2 then Job1 but that is not the case because Job1 is always the first to be processed and the remaining jobs are ranked as expected.

Is there anyone who can explain to me why is that ?

Thanks.

MyNewModel.spfx

you should use dynamic selection rule for what you are trying to do. I made required changes on your model. note that, still does not work as you intended (first job 1 is processed). The reason for this inconvenience is the modelentity created and released to seize server1 is job 1 by chance (randomrow). But, the other three entities ranked accordingly. You should use extra logic for all entities to be ranked accordingly.

MyNewModel.spfx

via the method I suggested it is not possible to achieve what you expected. But, there are many ways to accomplish what you want. For example, you can first store your entities (i.e., 4 entities) in a storage element then search for the least processing time among them, then transfer that one to the server. You should repeat this search operation 4 times or until no entities left in the storage element. You should look for something like this.

What do you mean by storage element?

Through my current model, I tried to just understand the issue and found out that Job 1 is the first one to be created and the first one to be transferred from Input@Server1 to Server 1 Input Buffer, which means, in that transfer fraction of seconds, Job 1 seizes Server 1 and starts processing it. Meanwhile, the remaining jobs are transferred to Server 1 Input Buffer based on their creation order and getting time to be sorted based on their processing time.