Shortest queuing time including changeover time

Travis

I'm making a manufacturing model.

I have four entities.

I want to set 2 points on the below.

1. from transforter node to workstation, entities go to worksations which has the shortest queuing time including changeover time.

If I can, I want to make constrains that the number of entities go to workstation. For example, 2 of A are proceed and 2 of B, 3 of A are proceed and 3 of B like this.

2. The entities are generated following ratio and also generated when the process of workstation is finished.

Please let me know how can I do.

Thank you.

"RandomRow" function addresses "The entities are generated following ratio"

"RegeneratingCombiner" SimBit shows you how to do "generated when the process of workstation is finished."

For number 1, you can use the options in the Routing Logic section of a node.

To make decisions based on selection logic you can specify the base information in the Advanced Options section of Server. You can use this information in the Server Dynamic Selection Rule > Standard Dispatching Rules,

(I can't attach examples because this is in the public folder instead of the SI folders)

Thank you.

I found the dispatching rule --> least setup time.

But, Can't I make constrains the number of input like as I said? For example, 10 of Entity1 come and after that, 10 of Entity2 come. And I modify the number of entity 10 to 9 or 8 or etc.

Because of my lousy English, it is not easy to communicate :cry:

I mean a file, Principle14FlexibleBuffers in Examples\ProcessImprovementPrinciples.

At this file, in Experiment function, we can set up the number of LocalBuffer.

Like this, I want to make constrains the number of entity based on type going to workstation.

• 2 weeks later...

While the book Process Improvement Principles illustrates interesting concepts, it is not a good instructional book on Simio. I recommend that you obtain a good textbook to learn more about Simio.

There are many ways of controlling routing thru a model - I spend about 2 hours of class time discussing just that topic. Here are some highlights:

--Principle14FlexibleBuffers uses LinkSelectWeights specified on each link to dictate routing. You can use a number, a math or logical expression, and any combination.

--Use link selection properties on a node

--Use Entity Destination Type on a node

--Have the entity follow a sequence

--Have the entity constrained to follow a specific network

As I mentioned above, I suggest that you take advantage of the many Simio books and videos that are available to help you learn Simio. While this forum is a fine place to seek explanations of specific details, it is a poor place to do basic education.

A good starting point is to search the Simio Help for the words "routing" and "selection". One topic you should certainly read is "TransferNode - Discussion and Examples" -- that one topic should answer many of your questions. But there are many other topics and SimBits that will come up that will provide more information and examples.

I am sorry but I personally do not have the time to reproduce this documentation and models customized to your specific needs. Perhaps another user can do so.

I already tried it. But there are no examples related in my case in Simbits and Examples.

Isn't it possible to make changeover trigger like every 5 entities or 6 entities or 7 entities and so on?

I tried many methods below.

1) data - changeover matrix --> but the error happened. I followed Principle11. Even I tried to modify the Principle11 file. However, when I make 4 entities, errors happened. Only when there are two entities A and B can be processed.

2) Definitions - states --> make a real state variable. After that, I made a process decide, assign, assign.

For using Ranking rule, I made like decide(tmpM1<=5)-->assign(modelentity.priority+1)-->assign(tmpM1+1) repeat it. And if decide is false, decide(tmpM2<=5)-->assign(modelentity.priority+1)-->assign(tmpM2+1) repeat it. But I couldn't solve the changeover trigger like this method.

Now, Changeover function is a problem and also trigger can't be made.

I did my best enough. But actually, there are not enough datas for studying Simio yet.

1) I still don't understand exactly what you are trying to do. Please start from the beginning and describe the flow you want to have. The better we can understand what you are asking, the more likely you are to get a useful response.

2) When you start over, put your post in a Simio Insiders topic so people can respond with sample models. As noted in the description of this topic: "This and all Public Forums have very limited ability to attach files, so we recommend that more technical topics be initiated inside one of the Simio Insider (SI) forums."