Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

New Software Release

Our latest release, Simio 11, is here!

simiouser1

Release a vehicle

Hello to everybody.

I have a little issue, in my model, I have 4 vehicles of the same type, this vehicle goes with the entities from the source to a certain server, after this server the entity continue to another server but the vehicle come back to the Output@Source to pick the next entity, but it doesn't pick it up untill the fist entity that it has accompained go to the sink, but between the node where the vehicle come back to the home and the entity continues his path, they are four servers more.

So, how can I do to the vehicles pick the entities up continuously?

Please attach a copy of your model to the forum post or send it to support@simio.com.

Within the first three Server objects (where the vehicle Marco is also used for processing the entity, as well as transporting it to the next location), the Keep Reserved If property has been specified as 'True'. If you change this Keep Reserved If property value, within the last Server where the vehicle is used (EST_030) to 'False', then the vehicle is no longer 'reserved' as the entity continues through the last 6 servers for processing (which is what was happening).

Thanks for the help. I supposed that for processing the entity you need to keep reserve the resource, but no.

Thank you.

The Keep Reserved If property is important if you are wanting the same vehicle to continue moving / processing with the same entity. So, for example, with your first two servers, where the vehicle is still required to move the entity between the servers and help with processing, this is ok to have. However, at that last server where the vehicle is used for processing, since the vehicle is NOT used after that processing (for the last grouping of servers), the Keep Reserved If property should be 'False' for this particular server.