Simio Forum
dsturrock

Vehicle with Driver

People often want to model two or more vehicles or entities moving together. There are a few components to this:

1) Seizing the resource appropriately - can be done in processes, but often best done within the vehicle object to make the modeling easier. Here, a vehicle has 4 properties added to support use of an operator.

VehicleWithDriver3.PNG.af7302e278865b5359ccaac6a152b3d2.PNG

2) Animating them moving together - the picture below shows use of a second queue animated on the custom vehicle.

3) In some cases, you also need the "driver" to be shown moving. The Attached Animation Speed illustrated below, accomplishes that.

VehicleWithDriver1.thumb.PNG.cf847fd1a1e3273586406e6790cd450b.PNG

I have attached a model that uses a custom vehicle object to model a wheelchair which is "driven" (pushed) by a person to pick up a patient.VehicleWithDriver2.thumb.PNG.eb45808a1e191c55e827f7a0e23b76b4.PNG

VehicleWithDriver.spfx

You could use the same approch, possibly with just animation changes, to model something like a truck or forklift that requires a driver.

In fact, I just added a second model to that same project that illustrates use in manufacturing (e.g. a lift truck and driver).VehicleWithDriver.spfx

VehicleWithDriver.spfx

I just added a second model to that same project (see end of main post above) that illustrates use in manufacturing (e.g. a lift truck and driver).

i was wondering if VechilceX1 could carry different objects.

For example carry driver (worker1), the paramedic (worker2) and patient(ModelEntity) from an accident.

Can they all be bunched up on VX1 and sent on to where ever I need them? If thats not possible, what would be the way to implement that?

In the manufacturing example you can see that the vehicle sometimes carries 2 packages from the conveyor. Use the same technique.