Obtaining the Flow history of every entity for every step

Hello,

I am currently working on a SIMIO model simulating a maintenance workshop. The model is made of roughly a 1000 entities of various type, going through potentially different paths among 30 servers over the course of a year.

I would like to be able to extract an excel file keeping the flow history of each entity, meaning at least the date, the server, and the ID of the entity and of the worker used, for each step of the simulation.

I feel like this must be possible to achieve using Tally statistics, but even after reading some simbits solution, I can't figure out a way to do this.

Thank you for your help,

Clem

• 4 weeks later...

Tally Statistics are more for recording the same numeric expression throughout the simulation.

You should use the Write or ExcelWrite steps under User Defined steps in the Processes tab. The Write step write data to a csv file and is usually faster than writing to an Excel file with ExcelWrite. Check out the SimBits Writing To A File and Excel Read Write. You can record numeric and string value. The Date expression should look like 'String.FromDateTime( TimeNow, "MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss")', and then Excel will convert the string to a date if need be. For the Entity ID the expression would be 'ModelEntity.ID' and for the Server name use the expression 'Server.Name'.

If you only want to write data in interactive mode and have an Enterprise license, you can use an Output Table. SimBit Using Add Row And Output Table Enterprise