Arival Table and setting property

msalemip

I am using arrival table to create my entities inside my simulation. So I am importing a column indicating the arrival time of all my entities; inside my data I also have property associated with each entity (exam type in an ultrasound clinic). I want to use that column as well and attache the associated property to each entity created. I am not sure how to do that.

Also I want to use that property in another table and assign processing time distributions for each property (maybe defining the column as a key might help but I am not sure ).

I appreciate any help.

• 1 month later...

If you have an Entity object name for each exam type, for example, you could first have a table that contains a entity object reference type column that is 'Set Column as Key' with another column in same table (expression likely) to store the processing distribution associated with each entity type.

Then, in another table, add a date/time column to use as your arrival table, with a second column that is a 'Foreign Key' column that references table 1 entity key column. Then you can have each separate arrival reference one of the entity types specified.

• 11 months later...

I have the same issue -- would you be able to help?

I tried using foreign keys but I keep getting an error that says: "cannot select row 1 of MixPercentage (column I use for generating the % of different entities) because row 1 has been implicitly selected by the ArrivalTable (table I use to specify arrival times for different entities)". Entities are my PKs.

Any thoughts?

I am having issues with having different entities arriving according to different arrival tables. With entities as foreign keys, I keep getting an error about rows being implicitly selected.

Attached is my error message, entity types table and arrival table with entity types as a foreign key. I've also attached the properties I've set for my source.

I am not able to attach my model here, but hope this makes sense.

error_msg_6_28_2017.png.24acf3ccd69719d6873e6789dfba4f13.png

entity_types_6_28_2017.png.7bde267a8d77f1f5a8b8103af41524f8.png

appt_table_6_28_2017.png.8d095c10ed38015deb699cffe953a484.png

source_prop_6_28_2017.png.46eab8cbd178c8aaeb6a369a29f4aa5f.png

It appears as if you are mixing the arrivals of entity types using two methods in the same Source. Typically, you would either randomly generate entities (using the first table, with referencing the Patient Types table, random row, etc. and then specifying the Entity Type as you have (PatientTypes.PatientType). OR, you would have an arrival table with the time of arrival and the specification of the entity type as you have in the ErrorApptTimes table. If you remove the entity key column from the ErrorApptTimes table and simply let the Patient Table determine the patient type, that would work. OR if you remove the table referencing upon entity creation in the source (to Patient Types table) and simply set the Entity Type to 'ErrorApptTimes.TableReference1' that would work. Just not the combination.