Share a Resource based on Time Schedule

I have a model where a resource needs to be shared between 3 servers based on a time schedule.

For example, at 1:00 AM, the resource needs to be at server 1.

at 2:00 AM, the resource needs to be at server 2.

at 3:00 AM, the resource needs to be at server 3.

at 4:00 AM, the resource needs to be at server 2.

What is the best way to implement this when you have a schedule for 24 hours?

This might not meet your needs exactly but hopefully it can provide some ideas that can help you move forward. You can use the Work Schedules in Simio and the Value column in these schedules, to dictate which Server the worker should go to during that hour. This example also uses the Evaluate Seize Attempt process on the Worker so that the Worker rejects all of the jobs that are not at the appropriate Server. If you wanted to Subclass the Server, you could add a Property to it and then check to see if the current Schedule Value matches the property on the Server, instead of using the Server names, like this example does.

WorkerHourlyRotation.spfx

Thanks for the reply. However, I would also like to specify the departure. In my previous question, the resource is needed to be at a specific server at a specific time, but now I would like the resource to depart from a specific server at a specific time.

For example, the resource is needed to depart from server 1 at 11:00am, 13:00pm and 15:00pm. Is there a way to create that kind of departure schedule?

From your description I can't tell which of two very different cases you are trying to model:

Case 1 - The worker needs to be available for work at server1 during a specific time interval (like 10:00-11:00) then available at another location during another time interval. If that is the case, then using Renee's approach to make a "smart" resource that rejects seizes from other locations and possibly interrupts work in process at the end of a period.

Case 2 - The worker will work at server1 during a specific time interval (like 10:00-11:00) then work at another location during another time interval. If that is the case, then you might just have the worker be totally autonomous and move around as desired. In this case perhaps the worker actually removes an entity from the server queue, works on it, and then sends it on when done, or replaces it in the queue if the worker must leave before completing the part.

If you haven't already seen it I'd look at SimBit Moveable Operator