Work Schedules and Experiments

nikul249

I am trying to run an experiment for 7 days (with 2 day warm-up) and I was hoping to find out what impact Work Schedules have on this.

So I have 8 hour shifts scheduled with various resources scheduled to go off shift at times specified in the work schedule. When running an experiment for 7 days, does SIMIO run during the off-shift period as well because my experiments seem to be extremely slow i.e. if my day shift is 9 am - 5 pm, does the experiment carry on working from 5 pm even though there is no activity at night and start again at 9 am on the Tuesday and so on till the end of the seven days?

I now this may be a trivial question and would appreciate any help with this.

Simio runs the clock and executes any pending events, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week from your simulation Start Time until the replication ends. No periods of time are skipped,just like in real life.

But also, like in real life, if a machine or person is not scheduled or no entities arrive for processing, then no events are processed - the clock will keep moving ahead, but not be slowed by executing any events.

In fact, if there were no events between, say 5 pm and 9 am, time would advance those 16 hours in one time step. It will do exactly that if you are running an experiment or FF, but if you are watching the animation, the animation itself causes events that (intentionally) slow the model down so it animates more realistically.