Creating Responses in Experiment

Hi,

I want to know a few outputs regarding my vehicle.

I have 16 vehicles who transport entities to multiple sinks and then go back to the source to get more entities.

I want to know what the average time/ride is, the total number of rides and the average time an entity is in the ridestation.

In the pivotgrid, these are called: (for example for vehicle 1.[1])

-Vehicle1[1].ResourceState.TimeTransporting.average

-Vehicle1[1].ResourceState.TimeTransporting.Occurences

-Vehicle1[1].RideStation.HoldingTime.TimeInStation.Average

these are the outputs i want to know, but when i enter these expressions or expressions sort of the same, it doesn't work.

what expressions do i have to use in my responses in order to get the right outputs?

Or do I have to use my pivotgrid to calculate these?

Regards, Lisa

You were close, but resources and vehicles all use ResourceState to track their status and that function is referenced by the generic expression:

ResourceName.ResourceState.AverageTime(stateValue). You can find the numeric value of StateValue in help if you search on the topic ListStates or ResourceState.

HelpForResourceState.thumb.PNG.d81f29208a548d4ab19929ea1197b62c.PNG

In your case the expression might be:

Vehicle1[1].ResourceState.AverageTime(7) for Transporterting

• Like 1

Thank you! That solved my first problem!

I also need to know how much time a transporter is waiting at the node where the entities are put on the vehicle.

Now I have: BasicNode1.RidePickupQueue.AverageTimeWaiting but it also doesn't work.

What do i do wrong? Do I also have to solve this with a resourcestate?

Sometimes you can learn a lot by creating 1 or 2 entities and carefully examining the trace.

Without seeing your model, I would guess that your entity is actually waiting in the OutputBuffer (station) of the upstream object. That statistic is already part of the pivot grid report.