Constraints of Simio Software Editions

Hi All

I like to see the models uploaded in user forum. But many of these are done using student edition. Whenever I try to open these the following msg comes up.

NoticeSnap.JPG.35f117a275a42e2e85259ab4bd212b64.JPG

How can I see the student version model in other edition of Simio?

Any suggestion will be much appreciated

Regards

Sazzad

Models that fit within evaluation mode limits will work within either educational or commercial versions. Models larger than that are restricted to loading only within the type of license that it was built in.

I apologize that this policy causes some inconvenience, but it is an important component of our ability to provide free and low-cost educational software. It is important that our commercial users do not think of a student license as "just another development license".

If one particular model is important to you, support can possibly do a one-time conversion.

Hi Dave,

although I understand this solution (and see that easy use of student licences is usefull in spreading SIMIO in schools) it sometimes prevent commercial users there in forum to help students with their problems.

Maybe some use of specialized portal edition, where students can upload their models and others can take a look can be a solution.