Modelling different entity types per arrival.

npieters

Dear all,

I have a question about modelling arrivals. Entities have to arrive in groups of 5. These 5 entities can be of different entity types.

Now in my model, each time an entity "group" of 5 entities arrives, they are all from the same entity type. This is probably because first is decided which type the group will be, and then the 5 entities are created.

Each time these 5 entities arrive, there is a Table Reference Assignment referring to the "productmix", from where is decided which entity types will be created. All the entities in the arrival have to be as the percentage in the producttable. So more types per arrival group can arrive.

Does somebody know how to model this? Thanks. My model is included as an attachment.

Entity_Arrival_Problem.spfx

The Standard Library Source object will always create "Entities Per Arrival" number of entities of "Entity Type".

One option is to subclass or copy the Source object and change that behavior.

RevisedCreate.thumb.PNG.2ef7c08fa74ce476d2d08c4277c946dd.PNG

Another option is:

--Decrease your interarrival time so they arrive 5x as fast, and set your entities per arrival to 1.

--Use a Combiner (or perhaps the object described here: http://www.simio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1024) to combine 5 entities together to sync them.

--Then immediately Separate them so they can flow independently, if that is what you want.