Combo FIFO + Priority

BenLankford

I'm wondering if it is possible to combine both FIFO and Priority in the ranking rule for a vehicle.

I have a situation in which some entities are more important to move and thus have a higher priority. However I can't neglect other entities that need to move. Each entity type is waiting at its own separate node. I only have one vehicle available to move all entities.

What I'd like to do is to have the vehicle select the largest priority entity that is in the top 10 FIFO entities.

Bonus complication: In this example, the vehicle has a rider capacity of 2 entities. So once it arrives at the node, I'd like for it to pick up the first 2 entities if 2 or more are available, even if there was only 1 entity that actually fulfilled the ranking criteria.

Thanks!

This is easily done using Dynamic Selection. Unfortunately we don't currently support flexible dynamic selection for the transport aspect of Worker/Vehicle, only for the Seize aspect.Selection.thumb.PNG.d2fac32ed95d138ec0120199023c3222.PNG

Here is a model that I think selects the resource you want for use as a secondary resource. Perhaps this can be extended to do the move selector you desire.

SmartSelection.spfx