Urgent! Model Cleaned? Please help!

antonio6vieira

Hi guys,

I stopped working on my model some weeks ago and now that I restarted my work I noticed that all the Decides on my model were cleared - the decide property is set to "0.0" in all of them!

The only think that I can think of is that after these non work weeks gap I did a Simio update - I think it was to the latest version.

Can somebody help me retrieve my model with the deciedes? Or help me in any other way? Please, this is very urgent...

Happened to me between sprints 120 and 123

My support ticket:

I had made some unwise things testing both sprint 123 an 120.

In one time I swithed from 123 to 120 and then back to 123 and I found all decide steps with no Coditions. All conditions were set to 0.0.

I know that I should not do this (go back and forth versions) and don't blame your development staff, but I think this behaviour would be interesting for them.

I just felt back to previous version.

I don't think there is another option.

That is what we suspected the problem was. While it is our intent that models will always be able to move forward (e.g. loading a 120 model into 123), it is risky to move backwards (e.g. load a 123 model into 120). We have no way to change 120 after the fact to be compatible with 123 that was released perhaps 2 months later. If you simply load the model into 120 and it doesn't work, "no harm, no foul". But if you then save that model without a backup, you have then lost both models.

We actually have a task scheduled for this sprint to make it very difficult for users to do this (giving a warning and forcing a "Save As"). So in the future it will be less likely to have this occur. But for now, all we can say is "I hope you have a recent backup". If you haven't already saved more than once, you might be able to go to MyModel.backup and find the 123 version of the model there.