Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

vavei5

Process to make wait entity

Hi,

I have 2 entity. But when a entity is processing I want my other to go at a basic node.

I tried to do that with a process with a decide step and a setnode set. But I want my entity to go a a basic node and stay ther until the server is free.

Actually, my entity comes and go between the two nodes.

Can you tell me what stage add to my process to make my entity go to basic node and stay there until someting?

One easy way to make an entity wait for something to occur elsewhere is to use the Wait step inside a process. The entity will wait until the specified event occurs. It could be an internally defined event (like an entity leaves a node) or it could be a custom event that is triggered by a Fire step or an element like a Timer or Monitor.

The problem with the wait step is that my entity don't go at the node where I want it to wait.

My model looks like this: my entity pass by a basicnode 1 and see (process) if there are an other entity on the path.

If no the entity can go on the path.

If yes, I want my entity to move to a basicnode 2 and wait there.

My process is that: Decide--Set node--Wait

But like this, my entity wait at basicnode 1 and when the path is free , then it goes to basicnode 2 and goes in the path after.

But I want, my entity wait at basicnode 2 and when the path is free , goes in the regular path .

Try the "Route" block.

Also, instead of the basic node, use Transfer Node or Control Node.

The problem with the wait step is that my entity don't go at the node where I want it to wait.

My model looks like this: my entity pass by a basicnode 1 and see (process) if there are an other entity on the path.

If no the entity can go on the path.

If yes, I want my entity to move to a basicnode 2 and wait there.

My process is that: Decide--Set node--Wait

But like this, my entity wait at basicnode 1 and when the path is free , then it goes to basicnode 2 and goes in the path after.

But I want, my entity wait at basicnode 2 and when the path is free , goes in the regular path .

First define two paths: one for basic node 2 the other one for the path to the server. Next you should define path selection weights something like --> (1-(Path1.Contents.NumberWaiting || Is.Server1.ResourceState==1) and Path1.Contents.NumberWaiting || Is.Server1.ResourceState==1. Note that (1-(Path1.Contents.NumberWaiting || Is.Server1.ResourceState==1) means if there exist an entity on its way to the server or there exist any entity processing at server1 incoming entity will go to basic node 2. thus this path leads to basic node 2.

define an entered add-on process for basic node 2 which includes wait step. By this way incoming entity will wait for an event.

and last define an after processing or exited add-on process for server 1 which includes a triggering mechanism for wait step.