Different sequences for one entity

vavei5

Hello,

In my model I have an entity who needs to make different server . Exemple, I want my first entity to go to server 1,2,3,sink and the second entity to goes to server 4,5,6,sink.

I want to make a table with multiple choices of sequences and the program will choose randomly the road to go for my entity.

I saw videos from the module 6 of simio training. I want to do the same think exept I don't have multiple entity. I have only on entity but multiple sequences possible.

Can you help me please ? :idea:

There are many ways to do this depending on your specific model objectives/constraints.

If Server 1-2-3 and sequential and servers 4-5-6 are sequential the source output node can select by link weight which series to go to.

If all of these servers are on a network (randomly accessed), then you might want to use a couple Sequences (e.g. Seq1 & Seq2). You can easily specify different entity instances that follow the different sequences. Refer to the series of four SimBits named EntityFollowsSequence...

If you want to do it with a single entity instance, you can go into process logic after it is created and use the SetRow step to assign the desired sequence.

To have multiple sequences all listed in a single column in a table (i.e., input@Server1, input@Server2, input@Sink, input@Server3, input@Server4, input@Sink could be actually 2 different sequences in one table column) - the entity starts at the source and after creation (created entity add on process), you could have a process that has a Decide step with a given probability (.5, as example). Then a SetRow step that will set the entity's row in the sequence to that ONE before you wish to start (at start of simulation, entity row is 0 so when it hits a 'By Sequence' it will start at 1, then 2, etc.) - so if you have the above 6 rows (input@Server1, etc.) and you want some to start going to input@Server3, input@Server4, input@Sink, you would set the row for that entity to 3, therefore, when it hits a 'By Sequence' routing at the source, it will start row 4, which will send it to input@Server3.

Alternatively, as mentioned in an earlier post, we have quite a few SimBits that show how to use Sequences. Namely the EntityFollowsSequenceWithTable has multiple sequences from a single source in several tables that can be set up easily.