Choose the empty queue

hgserrano

With several servers, entities only wait in one queue, while the rest of them are empty. How can I settle it to make them go to the emptiest ones? I thought it was by changing the outbound link rule of the output node from "shortest path" to "by link weight" but it's still not working.

Thanks!

Make sure that your Outbound Link Preference is set to Any.

And if you are using selection rules based on server availability, make sure that the Input Buffer capacity is not set to Infinite.

If neither of those solves the problem then I suggest you post a model so we can see what you are doing.

• 2 years later...

Hi David,

I have the same problem, but sadly I cannot solve it with your explanation. I set the node on "by link weight" and also clicker on "any". Where can I change the selection rule to sever availability or do I have to create an own process for that decision.

I am looking forward to your answer and thank you very much in advance.

Greetings from Hamburg,

Armin R.

We have a SimBit titled 'SelectServerWithShortestLine' in which there are 3 servers to select between and the output node for the Source provides the logic for the selection. The Server input nodes are put into a NodeList named 'Servers'. This list is then used to select between the members based on a Selection Goal 'SmallestValue' based on the expression 'Candidate.Node.AssociatedStationLoad'. The associated station 'load' is defined as the sum of current entities en route to the node intending to enter the stations, plus the current entities already arrived to the node but still waiting to enter the stations, plus the current entities occupying the stations. This can be used whether or not the capacity of the input buffers is specified for the Servers.