Use a worker to move entity and stay at a workstation

vavei5

Hello,

In my program, i want to have:

source-> waiting zone-> workstation -> sink

I have a worker how move the entity between the waiting zone and the sink. My worker also stays at the workstation to make it work during process.

But i want to know how can I tell my worker to start processing at the workstation even if there is a entity at the waiting zone. Because actualy if there is something in my waiting zone, the worker will drop his entity at the workstation and go get the other entity in the waiting zone. This way my program can't continue because there is no worker to make my workstation work.

Sorry for my bad english .... :?

Thank you !

In the latest version of Simio sprint 123, you can keep workers 'reserved' upon dropping off at a workstation/server and also upon completing processing within the secondary resources section. The 'Keep Reserved If' option within the TransferNode object when an entity is being transferred from one area to another (i.e., the waiting area to the workstation) can be specified as 'True' (or 1). The worker will then be reserved to complete processing at the workstation. If you need the worker to stay at the workstation and move the entity to the sink, the add-on processes with Seize/Release steps can be used for the worker allocation (and 'Keep Reserved If' option). Within the Server object, this feature is automatically built into the secondary resources. This will allow workers to 'move' an entity from one waiting location to a server area, process that entity, then move back to the waiting area for the next.

I see thant with a server instead of a workstation the worker stay at the server before going anywhere else. But when he is done he does not take the entity at the output of the server 2 , he go take the entity on the server 1 . Is there a way to do what i want with the Add-on process triggered ??