Entities with priorities and picked up by a vehicle

oma110

Hi,

I am trying to model this situation:

One vehicle picks up entities "On Demand" from two locations (TransferNodes) and send them to Sink1. Entities with high priority arrives at TransferNode1, while entities with low priority arrives at TransferNode2. When I choose the Ranking Rule to be Smallest Value First and the Ranking Expression is ModelEntity.Priority in the Resource Logic of the Vehicle, the Vehicle picks up entities probabilistically from the locations. How can I make the Vehicle picks up the entities with the highest priority first and once it is started picking at one location (say TransferNode1), I want it to keep picking up the entities from that location until the RidePickupQueue of that location is empty. Then the vehicle can move to the next location, finish it up, and so on.

I think I need to add a logic on the Evaluating Transport Request Add-On Process Trigger on the Vehicle but I do not know how. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Omar

Hi Omar,

check out the model i add in the attachment. I had a similar problem. Maybe this example helps you.There the vehicle picks up the entities with the highest priority first and assign the priorities depend on the waiting time of the entity.

Why you choose smallest value first when you want to get the priorities with the highest priority first? I think you might you use the "dwell until" function of the vehicle to achieve your goal. Like dwell till the queue at the transfer node is empty.

I hope this helps.

Greetings

Model_Heuristic_Poisson_B2_B1_B6_100.spfx

Hi g1h2j3,

Thank you :) . I am not sure if this is what I need. I attached a simple model. I just want the vehicle to check the last pick up location (TransferNode), if it is not empty, the vehicle should go back to the same location to pick up the rest of the entities. I thought entity priority would be enough, but it seems not. My convention is small number == high priority, that's why I use smallest value first :) .

Thanks,

Model.spfx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi oma110,

If I understand your problem correctly, I think your issue here is with your entities' Initial Priorities and the Vehicle's Task Selection Strategy.

If you do the two following things I think it should do what you want:

1) Set the LowPriority entity's Initial Priority to 2 (in the Routing Logic)

2) Set Vehicle1's Task Selection Strategy to "Smallest Priority"

The problem with your current model is that since Vehicle1's Task selection strategy was set to First in Queue, it will do the first 30 entities that were created in Location 1 and then pick whichever entity came first in the transport request queue.

Hope it helped!

• 4 weeks later...