Vehicle monitor transported entities

g1h2j3

I have a model with several vehicles transporting different amount of entities. I would like to know the average amount of entities a vehicle transports during one tour. So there is only one TransferNode where the vehicles can load the entities and then they start to their tour and come back to the TransferNode. The best way would be to know the amount of entities a vehicles loads on average on this TransferNode.I need the average value for each vehicle measured over the whole simulation run. But i have no idea how to do that. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Are you from china, you could join our instant messaging group discussion, QQ number is :93832458

中国国内官方simio技术群93832458

There are many academic users there and a consultant from Mosimtec and one from XUNHETECH.

You could download this popular IM software from Tencent website: http://im.qq.com/pcqq/

Regards

I'm not sure exactly what you want, but it seems like it might already be part of the default vehicle statistics:RideStatistics.PNG.84ddaac438a85176d7cf4d906667cb25.PNGNumber carried: 5727

Number of trips: 2799

Average number per trip: 2.05 (division of the above)

Average number on vehicle: 0.3636 (time weighted average)

Thank you very much for your answers.

Jizhou, thank you for the info. I just joined the group, yes i study in China right now. 对,我刚才住在北京。我是留学生的清华大学。我学习工业工程。我中文不好。 :(

dsturrock, thank you for the answer. That is what i want. I was searching in the default statistics already but was not 100% sure if occurrences is really the amount of trips. Thanks!

Technically "Occurrences' is the number of times it changed to that particular state. So if it does 5 back-to-back transfers with no state change (like idle) in between, then that would be counted as a single occurrence. If you wanted to count each specific trip, then you might need to add a state on the vehicle or node.

Thank you very much dsturrock.

Hmm so i tried it out and yes that is a problem. Because sometimes the vehicles are not idle between the tours, They directly pick up new entities and go for the next delivery tour, so there is no change of state and therefore not in the statistics. I use a state now to measure the amount of vehicles going through a node.

Thank you very much!

• 5 years later...
On 4/21/2015 at 5:57 PM, g1h2j3 said:

Thank you very much dsturrock.

Hmm so i tried it out and yes that is a problem. Because sometimes the vehicles are not idle between the tours, They directly pick up new entities and go for the next delivery tour, so there is no change of state and therefore not in the statistics. I use a state now to measure the amount of vehicles going through a node.

Thank you very much!

How did you do this. Ive been struggling to  obtain the number of trips through a node