Simio Forum

Vehicle Desired Speed

Hello,

i want to change the speed of a vehicle short time after the simulation starts. Because at the beginning of the simulation the desired speed of the vehicle is very high to get some inventory to the servers. Then i want to reduce the speed of the vehicle to a normal speed of 0.8 m/s.

So i used an assign step after 3 minutes with the state variable "Vehicle1[1].DesiredSpeed", new value 0.8. Thats works fine for one vehicle. But if i change the population of the vehicle to more than one, then all vehicles except the first one keep the initial speed. What state variable should i use? I tried "Vehicle.DesiredSpeed" but then i get a error message.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Search the vehicle type and then set the desired speed to 0.8.

Set search to search all of vehicle1 type and match condition to 1 and set the limit to infinity. Insert a assign step on the found leg of the search assigning the speed...

Regards,

Willem

Hi willem,

thank you very much thats a great solution.I like it very much. But i also wanted to use it to assign a new capacity value with Vehicle.currentcapacity but then i get a failure message. I attached the failure message. Do you know why? Why that works for the vehicle speed but not for the capacity?

Thank you very much!

Unbenannt.JPG.3175f6ee5fac4ef378bafbcb070ba00b.JPG

Unbenannt1.thumb.JPG.a28f88fd8bc591503516dce676369bbf.JPG

Hi,

If you want to change the maximum amount of riders you can use "Vehicle.RideStation.CurrentCapacity".

Is this what you wanted to achieve?

Changing the current capacity of the vehicle however effect the resource state and that is why you are getting the error. (Basically resource on/off)