Resource release error?

popejo11

HI all,

I keep running into an error every time I run my model and I'm not sure what it means. The dialog box says:

---------------

Entity: PartType.88

A Runtime error was detected at time 288.17 Hours at the following process step:

Object: Model

Process: Srv8_AfterProcessing

Token: Token.1

Step: [Release] ReleaseTool

Property: NumberOfObjects

Error releasing resources of type Specific 'Tool1' owned by object 'PartType.88'.

Unable to release '1' resource object(s) of the specified type because the number of individual resources owned and satisfying release conditions is only '0'.

---------------------

My model is set up so that it creates entities (PartType 0 through 4) so that it will make one PartType 0, then one PartType 1, ... , then one PartType 4, and start back over at PartType 0. (Based on the SimBit "Sequential Processing By Batch Specified in Table").

As each entity enters the model after being assigned a specific type, it seizes capacity in a resource specific to that PartType. The resource remains seized until the last server before the sink (Srv8), where the resource is released. The seize/release operations are accomplished using Add-On Process Triggers. Not sure if it's relevant, but the entities must ride on one of 4 transporter between all servers.

Can anyone help me solve this error? If I understand it correctly, somewhere along the way more resource capacity is being released than seized and I'm not sure why.

you've probably relased the server's capacity (resource) by using an add-on processes (and also probably processing add-on) and let the entity keep on going its normal flow in the model. Then, when the processing of the entity completed the server object want to release its internal resource (which you've already relased in a process) for the second time. But, nothing to do with this request... you had better upload a sample of your model.

Haha, well, I figured out the problem at about the same time you made your post.

It turns out that one of my group members moved the last server in the process before the sink from being the very last server to the first server. When he did that, he didn't change the entity routing logic in the transfer nodes of either server, so the entities ended up doing one big loop. Once we corrected the routing logic, everything seems to be flowing smoothly.

Anyway, thanks for your response gocken. :)

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I keep getting the same error at one specific server. In my model each entity follows a specific sequence with a specified processing time for each task. Each server has a scheduled capacity of 2 and requests a worker for processing. When this specific server goes off shift something goes wrong with releasing the worker, and I've no clue what (it seems that the issue doesnt arise with other servers). When all server capacities were 1 the model seemed to work without problems/errors.

SensitivtyMechanics2.spfx