Alternate Sequences

brenobos

Dear All,

I'm building a model and my product follows a sequence as described in the picture below.

In the picture, the machines are represented by the small rectangules. The problem is to define the routing, since that the product can follow two different sequences depending on its priority.

How can I do that?

Thanks!

603698974_Semttulo.jpg.1160ca96a932c9a245fb7d3baff0cec1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your answer. I've already looked deeply for sequences.

I have two questions. (My model is attached for better comprehension). I'd like to add that this is a first part of my system, which is approximately 6 times bigger than this model.

1 - I was not able to make the sequence showed in the picture. In the model (Data window - SequenceTable - ProductC - Row 11) the next step should be M2 if the previous choice was M1 or M4 if the previous choice was M3.

2 - How can I define different processing times, since that the processing time in any machine will depend on which the entity is. For example, the processing time for entity A in M2 is 1,2 min while it is 2,1 min for the entity B. I did a table for it (Data window - Processing Times) but I couldn't reference it in the workstation's (M1-M6) properties.

Thank you very much!

FMS_part1.spfx

1) Look at the SimBit EntityFollowsSequenceWithTable2, it is very close to what you want to do, including entity-specific processing times. If that is too much to digest in one SimBit, that SimBit is actually the 4th SimBit in a set of similarly named SimBits - work your way through them.

2) Look at the new features added in Sprint 119. This is another totally different way of implementing sequential and parallel activities.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Task feature does that too (except for adding it to the sequence). Look at the SimBit:

Multi Task Server Submodel (from project Server Using Task Sequence).

Or maybe this SimBit will help you think of other approaches:

Visit All Servers In Any Order

Thank you!

One more question.. I need to know the distance between the workstations and any given transporter (vehicle). Is there any way to know that? I've tried some expression, but they didn't work as expected. That is necessary because I will decide the priority for any entity in the workstations' output buffers based on its distance to the vehicles available.