Work Schedules that span multiple days

BillIE

Dear Forum,

I am trying to build reality into my model. I have 3 shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd). 1st Shift works form 7AM-3PM, 2nd Shift works from 3PM to 11PM, then 3rd shift works from 11PM to 7AM of the following day. So, I tried to put in Day Patterns in my schedules and on my 3rd shift, it resulted in an error "Duration must not result in a Work Period that spans multiple days."

Is there a way to model these 3 shifts as they actually exist in the factory or do I need to change the time frames to "dummy" time frames so that do not span over a 24 hour period?

Thanks,

Bill

Industrial Enginer

A schedule period (day) represents one calendar day (24 hours - 0:00 to 24:00). While you can have as many disjoint work periods in a day as you want, you cannot have a work period that itself spans multiple days. When you are defining the work periods for Monday, you cannot talk about Tuesday.

Assuming that your shift schedule begins at 7am Monday and each of the shifts works 5 consecutive days:

-On Monday your 3rd shift would work 11pm-Midnight.

-On Tuesday-Friday your 3rd shift would work Midnight to 7am and 11pm to midnight.

-On Saturday your 3rd shift would work Midnight to 7am.

Of course you might also need to factor in some break periods if appropriate.

You can think about manually created schedules. i.e., for each shift create a process for enabling capacity of your server (perhaps to a specific number for each shift) and delay some time (i.e., over the first shift) and then disable capacity of the server. Ofcourse, use three timer for each shift to trigger those processes. All of your servers can share these three processes if it is possible.