Simio Forum

Work schedules for vehicles

Hello,

i have a vehicle on a fixed route. Picking up and delivering entities. Vehicle has a home node (TransportNode X). I want the vehicle start every 20 minutes from his home node. Independent of the amount of entities it carries each tour. Because it could happen that the vehicle need different times each tour, but of course always lower than 20 minutes. So the waiting time is different each time. Worktables don't work in this case. So i want fixed tours with fixed starting times of the tours. Do you have an idea how to solve that?

Thanks for that hint, but i am still struggling. So first a general question about the dwell time. When i set the minimum dwell time to a specific value, like 2 minutes then the vehicle will dwell at the first source for 2 minutes. But afterwards it will not do that again. Then the normal loading and unloading times which i specifies are used. Why? Shouldn't the dwell time kinda overwrite the loading time?

So i want that the vehicle starts every 12 minutes from Source1 to his tour. Like a bus for example. Delivering specific entities to specific nodes on his fixed tour. First i thought to use the " Dwell Only If" section but i think that is not useful here. Then i thought i can use the "Dwell until event". So the vehicle dwells till an event is fired. Which means the vehicle stays at Source 1 waiting for the event. After the event is fired the vehicle starts to his tour. So the event is automatically fired every 12 minutes. But how to ensure that the vehicle is not starting to a second tour and stops at Source1 waiting for the next event? So how to ensure it makes only one tour each time? And how to implement this? I really need help, i don't know how i can realize that. I added a simple sample model. Thanks!!

TryDwellTime.spfx

Ok so i think i am very close now to solve that. In the picture you can see my logic. So the vehicle will dwell as long as the event is fired. The problem is now that the vehicle is doing that at every Source. And i want the vehicle only to wait at source1 after the tour. So i think i should use the "Dwell only if" funtion to specify that but i don't know how. What kind of expression is should use. I tried different solutions but nothing worked. Maybe u can help with an suitable expression so that the vehicle only waits at Source1 till the event is fired.

Unbenannt.JPG.cfed9120422ad92795e55f4f48293d32.JPG

So my mistake was the statement in the "Dwell Only If " section. The right statement should be "Vehicle.CurrentNode == Output@Source1"

Then it works fine and the vehicle waits till the event is fired at the source node.Also it is not necessary to make it so complicated with the Processes. An simple Timer in the Element section does exactly the same.

I add the example. I think that can be an useful small example for the dwell time, especially for Beginners like me. I hope my example is correct.

Thanks to the Simio Support!

TryDwellTimeFinalExample.spfx