Table Assignments thru Process Logic

DavidSowers

Hi All,

Is there a way to assign Table Assignments on Entity Created like is via the properties panel but via process logic? I am still working on learning process logic.

Essentially I have different product tables to use data from during different part of the day, so I am trying to have a decide step that say "what time is it when the entity is created" and then assign the right table and subsequent random.row values from that table to the entity.

All help appreciated! Thanks!

David

Another approach might be to use a Time-Index Table. Here is an excerpt from help:

Time-Indexed Table Properties

Within the properties of a data table, under the Advanced Options section, is a Time-indexed property that may be set to 'True' or 'False'. By default, all tables are set to 'False'. By changing this to 'True', additional properties for the table, such as Starting Time, Interval Size and On Interval Process may be specified. Within a time-indexed table, you can then have a column(s) of values within the table and retrieve a single value from the column, not by direct indexing, but indirectly, based on the current simulation time. The values within the table can be accessed using a function for time-indexed tables.

TableName.PropertyName.TimeIndexedValue: returns the value of the property in the row that corresponds to the current simulation time. If the current time is out of range of the table's rows, then this will return either the first row's or last row's value for the requested property.