Leveled arrivals with statistics

Omedius

Hi,

I have implemeted a SimBit Leveled Arrivals, when I have entities arriving in a certain order.

I also have additional features defined in the data table, which contains the order of entities (numeric definitions).

I would like to have statistics on each entity of this table. I tried to introduce an integer column, and modify it as a reference property within State Assignments group, but I failed.

To make it easy. In the datatable I have a certain material of certain amount. Depending on these numbers, I would like to count, how many products I will receive from each material. Is it possible to have this within this very single table?

In general, tables consist of Properties and properties cannot change during a run.

If you have Enterprise Edition you can also add States to a table and assign those states directly as you appear to want.

If you do not have Enterprise you can add a column of type State. That column needs a state name. The difference is one extra level of indirection.

In both cases you could Assign for example MyTable.MyStateCol = MyTable.MyStateCol + 1.

In Enterprise, you would see the value in the table be incremented. In the second approach you would see the state that is identified in that table cell be incremented.

Dear David,

Thanks for your reply,

I have an Academic version, which I believe has more limited functionality than Enterprise.

So, I have added a State column and 10 different state variables, and assigned each state to that new column. It looks almost ok now, though I've got one more question.

I have a sequence of arriving discrete entities, which are then converted into flow. It seems that if I have two entities of the same kind arriving consequently, they are both treated as the first one when there is a flow (they flow without any pause, that's intentional). But in the table I have some more properties, which are different between the entities of the same kind, which should be used further in the model.

Could you please suggest a way to distinguish the two entities in case of the flow?

What I finally did, I just duplicated the entitiy that was supposed to have consequent arrivals. All properties are the same. Just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V - even the naming was ok - PartA and PartA1. Now I have changing flow, and all events fire as expected. What I found - for some reason even before this edit the final entities really were distinguished. They were of the same kind, but still the results show that they are different.