MS Access Database Help

marquisd

Hello

I'm trying to build a (very) simple simulation that accesses a data variable from MS Access (2007). I have a table called "CurrentValues", with a couple columns named Station1Pressure and Station1Temperature.

For my sim, in the first instance, I just want to read in (DBRead step) in the values; so, I have process that reads the value when I click a button.

Eventually, I want to update the database value with a form in Access and see the change when I click the event button in Simio.

Note: The database (Sample.accdb) and the sim are in the same directory.

First problem is, after I define the Element reference (DbConnect), I set the "Connection String" to the database file, (Sample.accdb) and the "Provider Name" to "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" as noted in another post. Unfortunately, I get the error attached.

(I'll start with that since if I can't get through the first step, the following ones are irrelevant.)

Thanks

DBError.png.3a214eff5e4244d9d1da3edb970b89e6.png

NOTE: Inserting Data into MS Access is very slow...I suggest using MySQL or Microsoft Sql Server

Your connect string should be: Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;data source=C:\\Users\\dbName.mdb

The provider should be: OleDb Data Provider

If you are getting an error stating"Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local machine", see the following URLs... Running connectivity to MS Access using 64 bit apps is a well known issue. If this is an issue on your side, either follow the steps in the following URL or run SImio in 32 bit mode.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d5c04c7-157f-4955-a14b-41d912d50a64/how-to-fix-error-the-microsoftaceoledb120-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-machine

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Follow-up:

Now, attached is a screenshot of my database table. I want to get the value of Station1Pressure with a DBRead step and put it into "ModelStation1Pressure" state.

I guess what I really need is a better definition of what "Columns" and "Where" properties in the Basic Logic of the step really means and how they are different from the "Where Column" and "Where State". It seems to be that they actually do nearly the same things.

Clearly this doesn't make sense.

Thanks

614600134_DbaseScreen.thumb.png.254d4cd896eb7343aad35a38bdffc29a.png

1439368617_StepDetails.PNG.fa3885e3b9a9899ff161c89c36ada31d.PNG